SAG-AFTRA Exec Committee Ratifies Corporate/Educational & Non-Broadcast Contract – Deadline
SAG-AFTRA’s Corporate/Educational and Non-Broadcast Contract has been ratified by the guild’s national executive committee. According to the guild, it was negotiated with “the industry bargaining group that traditionally negotiates this agreement.” A ratification vote of the members was not required for this contract.
The pact covers public relations, sales promotion and training films made for initial use to the general public, schools, conventions, seminars, museums, in retail stores and for Internet use. It also covers audio-only content, such as telephone messages and audio used in consumer products.
“This is a smart agreement that serves the needs of the members working in this important area,” said SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher. “I congratulate the member negotiating committee and Lead Negotiator Ray Rodriguez for their dedication and hard work.”
“I congratulate the National Executive Committee on the ratification of this agreement,” said SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director Duncan Crabtree-Ireland. “Our negotiating committee and Chief Contracts Officer and Lead Negotiator Ray Rodriguez brought back a strong deal with substantial gains for SAG-AFTRA members.”
According to the guild, highlights of the agreement include:
- A 12% increase to minimum compensation effective Jan. 11, 2023
- A 1.5% aggregate increase to the employer contribution rate to the Health & Retirement Funds effective Jan. 11, 2023
- New language requiring qualified hair and make-up artists that have proven experience working with all types of hair and skin, addressing an important concern particularly voiced by performers of color
- Boundaries on self-tape and live-remote audition requests and specific prohibitions on unreasonable or unsafe requests
- Lasting cultural change through new standards for nude or partially nude work
- New compensation model for work on interactive voice recording/phone prompt systems that reflects how the most successful performers in this space structure their fees.
- A detonation that was accompanied by Baccarat’s crooked smirk throughout it all
- Safety Tips For Medical Equipment Transportation
- “Am I That Unattractive?” – Deadline
- James Gunn Addresses Backlash Over ‘Shazam’ Star Zachary Levi’s Anti-Pfizer Tweet – Deadline
- Fox Drums Up ‘Rock Camp’ Comedy From Steve Basilone David Fishof – Deadline