Tyre Nichols’ Death At Hands Of Memphis Police Protested By March In Downtown Los Angeles And Other Cities – Deadline
A crowd of approximately 100 gathered outside Los Angeles Police Department headquarters Friday night in protest of the Memphis police beating of Tyre Nichols.
The protest saw LAPD officers in riot gear face off against the crowd, with one protester lobbing a firecracker at a patrol car. Later, a crowd banged on a police car with an officer inside.
The protests followed the release by Memphis police of video footage of Nichols’ beating death at the hands of police there.
Metal barricades surrounded the LAPD headquarter, but were eventually torn down by the group.
Elsewhere, protests were seen in New York, Atlanta, Memphis, Portland, Oregon, Philadelphia, Boston and Seattle. Businesses boarded up windows and some federal employees were sent home early in anticipation of unrest later in the evening
- A detonation that was accompanied by Baccarat’s crooked smirk throughout it all
- Safety Tips For Medical Equipment Transportation
- “Am I That Unattractive?” – Deadline
- James Gunn Addresses Backlash Over ‘Shazam’ Star Zachary Levi’s Anti-Pfizer Tweet – Deadline
- Fox Drums Up ‘Rock Camp’ Comedy From Steve Basilone David Fishof – Deadline